Have a Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year!
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries (no need to thaw)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1/2 lg red pepper
- 1/2 med red onion
- 1/2 cup alpple juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp lime zest
Put cranberries, apple, red pepper,and onion in food processer, pulse until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until blended. Serve with chips
Southern Sour Cream Pralines
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar (I use light brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 5 oz pecan halves (1 1/3 cups) toasted (I don’t toast them)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Mely butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in both sugars,salt,and sour cream. Raise heat to medium low and cook, whisking frequently and scraping sides of pan with a spatula until mixture reaches the soft ball stage (240 degrees), 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, carefully stir in bourbon and vanilla(mixture will steam and bubble). Let cool, wthout stirring for 2 minutes. Add pecans, and beat vigorously with a spoon until slightly opaque but still creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet. (if mixture in pan begins to harden, stir in 1 tsp of hot water,as often as needed; if it becomes too runny,stir until firm) Let stand until set, about 30 minutes. Pralines can be stored between layers of parchment in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- 1 1/2 large sweet onions, diced (I used 1 large sweet onion)
- 1 lb Jarlsberg swiss cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup of mayonnaise (I used approx 3/4 cup)
Mix and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Brown top under broiler (I forgot to do this)
Brie with pecans,brown sugar and Kahlua
- 8 oz wheel of Brie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place Brie in the center of an oven safe platter/dish.
- Mix the pecans, brown sugar and Kahlua in a small bowl.
- Spread Mixture on top of brie.
- Bake for 8 – 15 minutes until brown sugar/pecan mixture begins to bubble.
Be careful not to overcook (the brie will melt and loose its shape if baked too long).
Serve with crackers and apple slices.